It’s time for Neat Seattle Things! The post roundup where I find neat events – and food I want to try already. Here’s the stuff for the week of March 22-28:
- Any second now – The University of Washington cherry blossoms will be in bloom. Get those cameras ready! (If you need tips, I made a blog post!)
- March 23 – The last day for buses in the Seattle downtown tunnels. Light rail routes will take over that area entirely.
- March 23 – Opening of ARTS at King Street Station with yəhaw̓, an “Indigenous-centered inaugural exhibition that will run March 23 – August 3, 2019.” That sounds super awesome, and it’s free to attend, though they’re asking folks to RSVP.
- March 23 – Chop Suey’s The Takeover. It’s actually happening every Saturday from 11-5, and it’s a rotating set of food trucks and breweries. It sounds like they’re still building their list, but the idea is cute and near all the food in Cap Hill, so you’ll be able to find a good meal or snack even if you’re not interested in that day’s truck set.
- March 27 – Ballard Sketch Team at Hattie’s Hat. Since it can be intimidating to get into (or back into) drawing as an adult, this sounds like a chill way to practice.
Food I’m watching this week (if you think there’s something I should check out, tag me on Instagram!):
Bobaeggs’s post caught me at ‘corn dog pops’ and I regret nothing. NOTHING.
View this post on Instagram
Checked out @backyardseattle last week and I loved the vibe. It felt like I was in The Office especially since they had trivia going on. My favorite dish was the corn dog pops. Definitely better than the frozen one’s with the airy and crisp house-made breading. The salad was also super refreshing and a good balance to the rest of the pub food. And chicken with ranch, yes please 🙈. They opened a year and a half ago so check them out for cool events like GOT viewings and karaoke in Columbia city! . . Smokehouse wings, Corn Dog Pops, Simple House Salad, Creamy Mac and Cheese, Deviled Eggs, Brisket Poutine, BBQ Nachos. . Thanks @vahzieeats for the invite and @backyardseattle for hosting and @cravingseattle for organizing! #cravingseattle
And I was going to call it good here, since those embeds are huge, but then this post from Little Neon Taco caught my eye. Specifically, the hashtag – #churrosundae. I see a sundae crawl in all our futures.